Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What happened to the champagne? This is my very first post! Salut!

It's 10:45pm right now... pretty early still! I'm so excited that The Nocturnal Novelist blog is finally up and running!

As I type this, copies of Dear Isabelle are in a warehouse somewhere in San Francisco tonite. They will be delivered to my home tomorrow! So between the hours of 12 and 4pm, I will be frantically pacing back and forth in my little apartment (it's times like those I wish I had developed a habit for smoking so I could have something interesting to do while I pace) awaiting the arrival of several boxes of my very first novel. I'm already envisioning just how happy I'll feel when I open the first box and take a deep inhale... (a box of newly published books smell just like a new car, right?)... and then dive into a copy and make sure they spelled my name right. Because you never, never know.

More to come... cheers.