Thursday, May 24, 2007

Is that really my name there on the cover?



Well, the time has finally come! Dear Isabelle arrived today and well.... take a look for yourself... doesn't that cover look down right spooky? I am so thrilled and excited and nervous all at the same time. I still can't believe it.

This afternoon around 2pm, the delivery man came to my door with so many of these heavy boxes and he asks me, "Are you Isabelle?"

Close.

"No, but I know her well."

I opened that box so fast and lifted up the flaps and there it was. My first novel. For the first hour I was just in a daze, feeling the cover in my hands. Flipping through the pages. Reading random pages as if I had never glimpsed those words before. Definitely a surreal moment.

The wonderful team at Harbor House really did an amazing job.

Can you tell I'm a delayed reactor? It's nearly midnite now and I still cannot believe that my first manuscript is now a real book. I better sleep on it.