Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Change is good

So much has changed since my last post, so very much. The nocturnal novelist has not been so nocturnal lately.

To make a long story short (for once!), I left my tiny flat in London, hopped aboard the Queen Mary to New York, and then drove cross-country without a map until I fell in love with a home in Colorado. To make this more complicated (which i must subconsciously love to do?) I did all this while pregnant. That's right, because sailing over the rough waters of the Atlantic and then driving thousands of miles in a car is just the sort of the thing a pregnant woman loves to do. Well, not so much. But it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Just a few months later, my husband and I welcomed our beautiful son, Auguste David, into this big, big world.