Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thanks for not losing it, but...

I have only one question to ask of Cape Town International Airport:

How does an airport lose not my luggage.... but the wheels of my luggage?

A just-over-the-weight-limit luggage bag without ANY wheels is not the best way to start off of your travels! Yikes.. I better keep my mouth shut because I still have the return trip to worry about! My luggage is already so tattered as it is. Sure the Samsonite label is all but melting away, and the front zipper has completely stopped working for the small front pocket, and the black nylon looks, well, it's seen better days ... but at least I could be thankful that it had wheels!

I had already been warned about this second largest airport in South Africa "rifling" through checked luggage, but what the heck could have happened on the runway to totally rip those wheels right off? I don't even want to think about it.

Other than the wheel debacle, the Cape Town airport was a breeze and only 20 km from the city center. Not bad after a 16 hour flight from London!